Gallery

October 26, 2010

raw edge applique


 I experimented with Brusho Crystal Colors by Colourcraft C & A LTD, and  wanted to see how the paints acted with varying amounts of water and the thickener.

I mixed up the paints on a paper palette and used several  small pieces of tone on tone ivory as waste cloth. 
I dried the scraps of cloth and heat set with a very hot iron. 
All the fabrics in the raw edge applique piece, except the stems, are the painted cloth.




I loved using up some of my old buttons


and adding embroidery.

 
The paints were great and I will use them again.

 

7 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

very cute Kathy! So how did you like the performance of the paints?

Angie said...

The detail in your quilting is incredible. Great job! Applique is in my bucket list of things to learn!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Beautiful. I love how you have made raw edge look so finished. Love all the quilting and embellishments.

Joan said...

Beautul work - very impressive

jenclair said...

Love this! The painted cloth, the embroidered crazy-quilt piecing, the design, the buttons!

Cate Rose said...

Fabulous, Kathy, and it looks like it was fun to make!

Kay said...

I love the color combination of the buttons and flowers! What a great piece.