Painted canvas cloth using Stewart Gill Paint and black ink.
I couldn't decide on a few colors, so I used several-
which gave me a piece of cloth that looked overworked and unusable as a whole piece.
Sew, I did what any good quilter would do . . .
. . . I cut it up,
sewed it back together again
and made a little bag.
I like how you can see the painted cloth, but not all of it.
I didn't have enough length of the painted cloth to make the straps as long as I wanted, so I added some chain links on each side.
Under the flap is a snap closure and I added a jewelry finding to hang off the flap.
and again . . .
I made the mistake of using that green polka dot as a lining, 'to use it up'.
It's a little too campy, but oh well - I wasn't going to rip it out.
I may paint over it.