Gallery

March 18, 2014

giving inspires giving




Saturday was National Quilting day.  And I was happy to spend the whole day doing just that!


Three quick quilts were made and as soon as I get them quilted they will be donated to my Guild to be given as Comfort Quilts.




Warm and cozy and hopefully will provide much needed comfort to someone in need.


Back in November when my friend Sharon and I made 100s of pink ornaments for our Trees for Hope donation tree, we asked members for pink scrap fabrics.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think an entire bag of pink fabric would appear! 
(I really should have known though, quilters are the most generous people...)
  Well, I pledged to use up the scraps and make a comfort quilt, maybe two.
 I'm three quilts in and have fabrics for one more comfort project, maybe two!

So, thank you ladies- your pink fabric is the gift that will keep on giving.


  I never showed a picture of our pink donation tree so it is pictured below, it came out really sweet.  The Trees for Hope event raised $3,000 and was donated to Oliva Fund for Cancer Care.


--- giving inspires giving ---

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Love your pink quilts Kathy! Pink is such a cheerful color.

KatieQ said...

The quilting and applique really make this quilt fabulous. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a pile of scraps.