Gallery

December 3, 2009

More of the same....


Last month I went to the Ninigret quilt show. It was in a an old Armory.  Several of the quilts were draped over antiques and it gave the show a charming  feel.

  One of the vendors was selling Featherweight parts. He had a zig zag attachment and I had been looking for one, so I bought it.  I set the Featherweight up to do some zig zagging on the Nutcrackers.  It's the first time I used it and it took a few minutes, but after that - it was a breeze. 

It sews out a different looking zig than my regular machine, but it's fun to use and breaks up the monotony of all that zigging. The foot moves the fabric from side to side as opposed to the foot moving from side to side.

I think you can probably see the difference. I did the bag with the Featherweight. That's okay it's different looking, I'm not bothered by it. I just love the nostalgia of using my beloved Featherweight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normally I would pull my threads to the back and tie them in to a knot.  In the interest of time, I'm pulling the threads to the back and dropping a blob of glue over them.  I'm using Aqua glue shown below. It has a fine point tip which works perfectly. I think this will hold up for this quilt which will be a wall decoration.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And things have been so crazy around here it seems I've had only about 3 minutes to quilt. It's been longer, really. But, there is a lot of quilting on this black quilt so when the time is chopped up, it feels like I'm getting no where fast.







4 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

oh....but what you HAVE quilted so far is stunning! This will be an absolutely gorgeous piece I have no doubt.

Beena said...

I like the variety of zig zags. I think it will give your piece added interest.

I have had a quilt like that seemed to take forever to quilt...just seemed like space, and more space, and still more space to fill. Keeping at it is the important thing, even when it feels like you aren't making progress-you are!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Love the quilting on the black piece.

Sherri said...

Are the leaves and vines already sewn down? I am just exploring the world of applique hand work and am looking at all methods I come across.

Loverly quilting btw. I really enjoyed looking at the photos. I need to work on detail shots like that too!