Gallery

April 14, 2010

Christmas in April

This is my friend Sue's quilt that she designed and crafted using her new ruler set.




Sue's rulers and tools are used for cutting applique shapes. 
The rulers are not long arm quilting rulers, although I did use it to make a template for the quilting design.  Using the ruler  I cut the shapes I wanted out of a clear, flexible report cover.  Then I used a water soluable marking pen to trace around the template and transfer my design to the quilt. 



Melissa's quilt is below.
Sue designed Melissa's quilt using her rulers.  Sue, Sharon and I made this quilt for our friend Melissa.  We gave it to Melissa in the fall and Sue borrowed it back to hang in our Guild's quilt show last month.
Here you can see it hanging with a pretty blue ribbon!

Sue developed a pattern for Melissa's quilt. If you plan to visit MQX this week, I hope you stop by and meet Sue in her booth.  She will be vending her new products and she is always full of colorful inspiration.


*******************
My friend Deb and I made a promise to get together and yesterday we were finally able to hook up.  I helped her get started on some machine quilting practice exercises.  And she helped me with a bargello quilt design.  My son chose a bargello quilt pattern for the quilt he wants to take to college in the fall. 
His favorite colors have always been orange and blue, and ironically (or maybe not) he will be going to Syracuse University in the fall...  so, I guess I better get busy collecting orange and blue fabrics and stitching them together...
(Thanks for the book and help Deb!)


2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I've always wanted to make a bargello quilt. I need to put it back on my list.

McIrish Annie said...

congrats on your win at MQX for Jacobean shade tree! I will be there tomorrow to see it in person!

a new iron! I could use one of those.

your work is always inspiring. Good job!