I forgot to post a finished picture of this.
It's my Charity Challenge for MQX. The donations this year are to benefit New England Quilt Museum. The challenge was to use the MQX bear paw logo anywhere in the quilt. Also, to incorporate the luscious batik fabric pack.
I loved making this. It's simple, but it was fun.
I used the Accuquilt Go cutter, cut shapes and then recut them with scissors into jacobean flower shapes. Misty Fuse worked great for the fusing, it kept the little pieces light and not stiff, I could easily quilt over and around them.
The black fabric is a cotton sateen and I love the look, but the edges frayed like crazy when I had to zig zag stitch around the shapes, before quilting. It quilted up nicely, though, I used YLI silk threads, a silk batt with a Hobbs Poly on top.