Gallery

January 10, 2013

Happy New Year


It's already the second week of the new year!  

Last weekend Sue Pelland and I hosted a workshop using her templates.  We have designed our Guild's raffle quilt this year and we asked members to help us create the applique blocks.


We gave them sample patterns with fused fabrics and boy, did they step up to the challenge.


 With many people volunteering for various parts of the project it truly is a group effort. 
Working together is a great thing.


Gosh I love these colors!  
We did have a super bright green that was jumping out, but Sue and I got together the other night and switched it to a more subtle shade. 
 It's better.







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  
Over the Holiday break I got organized!  
My husband and boys built the shelves and got them set up for me.  It seemed like it took forever to go through my stuff, but now everything has a place and I love it.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
The 10 color challenge for Fiberactions is due next week.  
I've liked thinking about and working on this project.  
It's simple

 I've been enjoying puttering with my new neocolor wax pastels both on fabric and paper. It's been good and I look forward to taking a painting class starting this week.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The birds have been exceptionally plentiful, busy and vocal.  I'm not sure what that is a sign of but,
 I like it.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And while I'm not doing all the other things I'm doing, I've been in the kitchen perfecting a gluten free bread recipe.
It's my new way of life and it's been good.  
Really good!


Thanks for visiting and happy creating!

2 comments:

mom said...

Hi Kathy, Looks good including the bread. Keep away from Tito.
Mom xo

Sherri said...

Lots of eye candy again! I like how you take a lot of your photos....that slanted view thing you do.

I gotta ask though...once you've perfected that bread, would you share the recipe and methods? I don't NEED to go gluten free, but I want to try it. :)

Happy New Year to you too!