Gallery

January 15, 2013

the color of peace


Today is reveal day for the mini art quilt group Fiberactions.  
The challenge - to use at least 10 colors.

Starting with white prepared for dying cloth I drew out my design using an air erasable marking pen.
Using Neocolor pastels and Seta Color fabric paints, color was added to the words, people, states and water.

When the quilting was finished the color was  added to the border areas using fabric paints.  I had a hard time getting good coverage over the threads.  I really should have painted everything before quilting.


There is double batting in between the layers. The map and people looked cool puffed up, so I left them that way.
   


 Shimmery fabric medium was used in the blue paint. 
It looks neat up close but, you can't really see it in pictures.


This was a fun project to design and work on. 


Check out the other 10 color works at the Fiberactions site here.

9 comments:

Peggyinno said...

Love the name and LOVE the quilt!

WoolenSails said...

I love your piece and the meaning behind it.

Debbie

McIrish Annie said...

this is really cool! I like the puffy people and map too. Another great job

Grit said...

What a beautiful quilt!!!!
Liebe Grüße Grit

Teresa Silva said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Your quilting is outstanding.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm deeply impressed...!

Katharina

West Michigan Quilter said...

How beautiful!

Lynn said...

Wow that is a great quilt!

Susan E. Pelland said...

So fun and meaningful Kathy! I recognize some of those people!!