Gallery

April 19, 2014

springtime memories


One of my favorite things to do when the boys were young was to have an egg hunt. 
 It was fun. 
We'd wait for them to go to sleep, then take out the (tacky) plastic eggs- fill them with coins and treats, then hide them.


 The trickiest part was remembering where they were hidden.  A few always showed up months later with a petrified jelly bean inside or better yet a few coins.  


We don't do egg hunts anymore, but I seem to always put the colored eggs out around this time.  
This year, though - I decided to change them up a little.  
I painted the eggs and wrapped them with twine, decorative paper, vintage fabrics and buttons . . . 


 . . . then put them in a few spring baskets.

And, Mom, you'll recognize this basket!
I'm guessing I got this for my first Easter... I would have been just shy of 5 months.  
We can officially say it's 'vintage' (and then some).

The bunnies, I made out of fabric from a vintage Christening gown.  The shape is perfect, they remind me of the solid chocolate bunnies we used to get in our basket.
First order of business was always to bite off the ears, then the tail...
. . . then it would be taken away and cut into small bite sized pieces because,
"we wouldn't want to wreck our teeth."


 Mom do you remember all those fancy eggs we used to make? We made Bill blow them out, then we used those minuscule scissors, cut them open and decorated the insides.  
Dad and Kelly ate the eggs.  
We made so many, I think Dad even drank some raw eggs
 and that was even before Rocky was doing it.  gag.


So for ole times sake I cut apart some plastic eggs and decorated the insides.  The others were much better, but this was fun nonetheless. 


  More eggs covered with scraps, these not so tedious.


  I'm pretty sure I'm done covering eggs for awhile.  
It's time to just enjoy their bright colors


while we wait for the spring flowers to come up.


Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

What fun! I love all of them.

MOM said...

I loved that basket and still do. Nice job on everything.

xo

Debra Dixon said...

Sweet!!

kajal sharma said...

Amazing and good post very good comment is very different post, your most different thing is that your post is very unique.
Gurugram vip girl
Gurugram party girls
Guragon Hotals Services
VIP Hotals Services in Guragon
Call Girls In Hostal Guragon
Vip Hostal In Guragon
Hostal Girls In Guragon
VIP Girls in Hostal Service