Gallery

March 13, 2009

Good Stuff

Isn't the color of this blue fabric gorgeous? I had been admiring Vicki's hand dyed fabrics for awhile. When our Guild's butterfly challenge was announced I contacted Vicki to see if I could purchase one of her blues, it was going to be perfect for what I had in mind. Vicki suggested a barter, so we did. Bartering is a good thing.


I enjoyed making Vicki this sewing, treasure book. It has little pockets to keep sewing notions. (You know-the little kits that hotels used to offer back in the day...)







Our Guild went on a getaway weekend last weekend. Our friend and former Guild member Sharon from NC was not able to come up for the weekend. It was silly to make a Flatsharon doll in her honor. (Like Flat Stanley goes to Washington..... Flatsharon goes on a getaway.) I put Flatsharon's name in the drawing in place of mine and we won the pretty fabrics above! I am going to make Sharon and myself aprons, a journal cover for Coral (who made our weekend plans) and I may use the leftover scraps to embellish a jean jacket similar to one I saw here.

There are a million things in the fire, I have lots of longarming to do, also and with spring right around the corner......there is no rest for creative minds. It's all good.
(and yes, I did this blog entry from the stairmaster. those who asked know what I'm talking about.... and no, when the laptop crashed, it wasn't off the stairmaster, it was off the table.)

Enjoy your creative day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the blue fabric! I have my little book all set up now as my hand sewing kit. I love it!

Julie Bagamary said...

The blue fabric is wonderful and the sewing book is wonderful too.

Rosa-Munda said...

I'd just like to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog. See you again soon. Ros

McIrish Annie said...

You are the true multi-tasker! blogging from the stairmaster LOL!!

and a wonderful sharer. It's great you are making good use right away for the fabrics you won.

Julie Bagamary said...

Please send me your mailing address. You are the winner of Choice #2 in my 200th Post Give Away.