Gallery

July 11, 2009

PMC and Summer is Busy...

The first attempt with Precious Metal Clay The piece is rough and should have been fine tuned before I heated it. A good learning start though, I have a better handle on the clay's properties and how it reacts to touch and heat. The swirls melted away, using a Dremel tool-I tried to put them back without much luck. All in all I really liked working with the clay and was amazed at how it turned to silver once heated with the torch.
~~~~~~



My parents were visiting for almost two weeks and we had record amounts of rain, here in New England. It didn't squelch our fun, though. We puttered around, went antiquing, flea marketing, shopping and house project repairing. I found some more neat sewing stuff on our travels. The three white, glass buttons and the numbers are a few of my favorite finds.

~~~~~~~~~



And before the rain came, I think we had record amounts of tree pollen. With that- the fish pond got all mucked up so dad helped me drain the pond and clear it up. It's crystal now, you can see the fish peaking out from under the rock.


Sadly- all the fish died except for Goldy, word has it we stressed them. Keeping fresh water is a delicate balancing act ( I guess).... once balanced we replaced them with some new babes. And they are so cute.

,

This silver guy is awesome.




And while that was going on the deer mowed down the Hostas, the ground hogs ate all the perennials and the wren moved into the blue bird box.
~~~~~~~~
Sewing news- the blue project is moving along slowly and I will post photos after Thursday night's display.... Yes, I will finish. I have to keep saying that, you know......
I will have two quilts displayed at Images in Lowell in Aug.
~~~~~
My friend, Sharon from NC, is coming to visit with two of her three boys.
~~~~~
Summer is good.
Enjoy your day whatever you have going on!


2 comments:

Beena said...

I think the PMC piece is great! And I like that "faded" look of the swirls. I'll bet if you tried to get that look deliberately, it would be difficult. It gives it a nice distressed, aged look (and I would know all about distress and age...LOL!).

I'm envious of your white glass button find. They are really gorgeous.

Between the fish, the deer, the ground hog, and the wren, it sounds like you have a lot of wild life on your hands! But how fun!

Enjoy your company from NC, and enjoy these summer days!

william lukas said...

Kathy! Your work is absolutely outstanding! :) :) :)

Hope business is going well and that you are enjoying these glorious days of summer sunshine (finallyy).

Oh. And have SO much fun on your cruise!

Talk soon; love always,

William