Gallery

January 7, 2010

Creative Prompt Quiltlet


Awhile back I decided to do a self challenge, where I would make a quiltlet out of each of my creative prompt doodles.  The only rule I gave myself was -  there are no rules. Well, other than the size had to be
12 x 12.

I have six finished and tonight I started this one. The prompt was window and you can see the doodle copied onto white fabric. 

The background fabric is white bridal satin. I used water color pencils and inks for color.




From the scrap basket of goodies, I used funky thread for a nest and made colored eggs from silk roving mixed with textile medium.  The big feather is a real feather found in the yard.  My little friend O Bob rang the doorbell awhile back and said "Here, this is for you - I know you'll do something cool with it."  So I kept the feather in the goody basket. And here it is, on the out the sewing room window quiltlet.

I don't know if the feather really 'works' artistically. But I like it, so I'm keeping it.






I worked this quiltlet up tonight while dinner was in the oven and then during basketball practice drop off and pick up.  Right now, it's stuck to my cabinet door with a few other unfinished projects begging to be finished...





4 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Inspirational. I love this quilt and must confess it is the "first" quilt I've ever seen that I'd love to buy and own....just don't think I can afford it, but maybe we should talk! Love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Beena said...

This is gorgeous! The colors are fantastic, and I love the inner square with the tree in it!

Debra Dixon said...

Your friend was right! You did do something cool with it!

Anonymous said...

great piece! Love the ribbon in the birds beak - nice touch.