Gallery

January 23, 2010

... a lot of quilting and a little piecing....



....a sharp contrast to all the white quilts I've quilted recently. This brightly colored quilt has a fuzzy, warm, flannel backing and weighs a ton. A lovely quilt to snuggle up with......



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

.....then there is more white...... and a lot of it here on this quilt.  Large white on white borders......



....this quilt is going to be gifted from the quiltmaker to her long time friend. What a surprise.....




- - - - - - - - - - - - -
.....and I'm thrilled to find out - when piecing with 1/2" blocks and you make a mistake, there is very little waste of materials....  (we won't talk about the waste of time....)




On with the day and I hope you are having a good one.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

And I thought I was the only crazy person to piece so small!

Debra Dixon said...

sew pretty! Like your new header too.

Quilts and Cats said...

The quilting is super. I love flannel too but you are so right about it being heavy!

Anonymous said...

okay that is some tiny piecing you have going on there!

Beena said...

I think I'm too clumsy for tiny pieces like that, (unless it's paper piecing). My stubby fingers would be fumbling and bumbling along!

The quilting is gorgeous!

kanishk said...

Love both of these interpretations.

Work from home India