I've wanted to make this for a long time.
I took a bunch of scraps and cut them up into small bits.
I added fibers, threads and anything I wanted to, really.
I had planned to use regular sheets of water soluable stabilizer. But to make my life easier SueB gave me stabilizer that had a sticky side. It worked great; I didn't have to worry about my tiny scraps coming off. On top of all the scraps I put another layer of the sticky stabilzer then stitched circles allover using colored threads. You can see the stitching above. I stitched fairly close together as I had so many tiny scraps to capture.
After I finished the stitching I zig zagged a length of funky thread around the edge. Then it soaked to remove the stabilizer and I layed it to dry on a towel.
It's funky but I like it. Below you can see my lamp wearing it showing off all of the colors. I think I'll use this technique as a background to one of my smaller quiltlets.