Gallery

May 2, 2012

neutral confusion


Made for the Neutrals Fusion Exhibit 
for Machine Quilters Expo East this past month.

A challenge quilt to use the pattern given and only neutral fabrics.  The neutral fabrics were provided and you could add other neutrals as well as the 1"colored fabric mini border.  
Quilt as desired.


It was a small exhibit, 2 handfuls of quilts or so; all different and unique. 

It certainly was a challenge to use only the neutral fabrics. My border was a little darker than I would have liked, and the opposite side of the fabric was used at that.  
It was what was on hand and I didn't want to purchase anything extra for this piece.


The five flowers on this quilt represent 5 lives lost between the time I received my challenge kit in December, to when I was able to work on the piece in March.


I'll admit-this was a design on the fly, but it was fun to work on a piece of my own.


It's quiet and peaceful and it looks nice where it's hanging in my sewing room.



Celebrating
Jack, Christopher, MaryJane, Georgia and Maizey 


6 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

what a wonderful memory piece it will be for you. Your quilting designs are stunning - so much inspiration. I love the overall calmness of the piece, thank you for sharing.

Teresa Silva said...

Your quilting so so wonderful...I love all the different designs you did.

Vicki W said...

I think it's fantastic! You really made neutrals into something special.

Debra Dixon said...

You are just the best! This is a beautiful piece on so many levels.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. I would love to try making these.

helen-mary said...

I just found this quilt on pinterest. Wow - beautiful work.