Gallery

February 5, 2010

...the woven heart

To celebrate women's heart health and to get ready for the upcoming Valentine's Day; I made a few woven hearts.
The large hearts are about 6" and the small heart is about 3".
The large heart can be filled with treats, goodies and is big enough for a gift card. I plan to make a few more of the large hearts and gift them to the house elves (aka house cherubs this time of year.)



The pink heart is my favorite.
I used vintage table linens as the fabrics.  I couldn't part with the binding edge of one of the napkins so I used it with a length of organza ribbon and made the hanging loop.


Going into the button jar and the treasure chest of vintage stuff, I found a pink button and some scrap lace. Silver beads, charms and a vintage glass ball were added under the pink button.


Now, if cuteness were a factor in choosing my favorite heart, I would go with the little heart. 



3 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

LUCKY house Cherubs! These are simply wonderful.

Anonymous said...

these are great!

Debra Dixon said...

Very special!