Gallery

September 20, 2010

silk fusion


I asked SueB to host a workshop on Silk Fusion. 
Last week, Sue, Kathleen and I were able to meet for Sue's workshop.

Hard to believe this wad of color can be turned into beautiful silk paper.



It was a nice day so we met outside and here SueB is showing us the process.


We hung our pieces to dry on a drying rack like this and also the clothesline.
(then we dined on a delicious lunch)


A few of my pieces weren't completely dry so I took them home before taking apart the netting screen.


This is what I got when I peeled everything away!
There are several solid colored sheets and then, you can see the pieces on top are mixtures.


   Before going ahead with a bigger project, I made up some postcards to try out the hand and properties of this silk.  The first pic of this post is what the cards look like. 
I enjoyed this process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving that postcard!

Vicki W said...

Isn't silk fusion fun?

Wanda Maria said...

Beautiful colors! I've been saving up my silk fusion supplies for a couple of years now. I SWEAR I'm going to try it soon!