Gallery

January 15, 2011

natural environment


Today is the Fiberactions art quilt  reveal. Our theme word is environment.
I decided to continue with my seed pod series and created what I call

-natural environment-



I love seeing untouched, undeveloped landscape. 
Near where I live is a beautiful parcel of land,  I hear it has sold and will be developed. 
The view, the landscape, the history - will be forever changed.


Hand dyed and painted fabric, silk fusion fabric, embroidery, quilting and beads.

Be sure to check all of the artist's work by going to the Fiberactions blog.

5 comments:

ju-north said...

I love looking at this!

Roberta Warshaw said...

It is so beautiful. I love the small amounts of the red curved shapes. They are just enough of a hint of complimentary to really pop!

It is lucious. Makes me sorry I gave away my machine.......

Sara said...

This is gorgeous. Perfect blending of a variety of techniques

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Kath, love all the textures and colors!

Angela said...

Your piece is stunning. The colours are so vibrant