Gallery

January 2, 2011

sketching, doodling, journaling,

and just plain having fun. 



Have you heard of the Sketchbook Challenge? 
Click here and learn more.



This month's theme has been named
 Highly Prized

I decided to make a mini journal for each month's theme. 
At approximately 2.5x3, it is small (it's actually tiny) so I can add several elements as the theme inspires me.
Each journal will have it's own little box and you can see it in the first photo.

The second photo is the front cover, below is the theme card which will be kept inside the envelope.


I really  thought a lot about the theme highly prized . . . and I think I'd have to say my freedom is highly prized

so you can see my first entry below. 

As I feel inspired I will contine decorating and filling the journal.


On the back of the box I put a hook - if I finish themes for one full year, I will have 12 different mini box/ journals and I thought I might hang them somehow.




. . . and speaking of sketchbooks...
The deadline for the sketchbook project is looming. I have to document mine with photos and get it sent off.  This was a fun project and you can learn more about it by clicking here

I made thread sketches from some of my pencil/paper sketches, then added some journaling and color.



I continue to get several of my creative prompts for my quick-sketches from Jaye at artquilmaker. She posts a theme word on her blog and she is up to 100.
Check it out here!



4 comments:

ju-north said...

You have some very inspiring ideas here! The sketchbooks will look great when they are all hanging together!

Anonymous said...

love the mini book idea - brilliant!

Quilt Rat said...

WOW! Love the idea of such a teeny sketchbook........makes me think of wonderful little treasure.

Jaye said...

Thanks for the mention. I appreciate your support. I like the mini-book idea as well. Have you seen the Remains of the Day class online? Awesome journals tutorial.