I took strands of silk roving and placed them between layers of thin water soluble stabilizer. I spritzed the sandwich with water and using Teflon pressing sheets I pressed the sandwich. It pretty much stuck to the Teflon, but dried and peeled off when I left it outside on the porch. The fibers melded together and looked cool, yet I could still see the stabilizer and it was not that attractive. I, then, took a piece of orange organza and pressed ( using the Teflon sheet) it to one side of the silk roving sandwich. I liked the look from the organza side. This new fabric was used for some of the leaf shapes. The tree was fun and reminded me of the construction paper scrap trees I used to make with the kids when they were little.