Gallery

June 18, 2009

A good day.....


......Is when (or so I hope) the last white thread tail is tied off the Guild's raffle Q.

Another sneak peak below. Once it's returned to the committee and the binding and sleeve are attached, a full picture will be posted. If you are interested in buying a ticket, I can direct you how to take a chance, when the info is made available.


Guild members (not me) pieced the blocks and a talented crew of women hand appliqued the panels and assembled the top. Precision is the name of their game.

The quilting shows better on the back, which was my intent. The top is so lovely that detailed quilt work would distract from the piecing precision. The back becomes a whole cloth with the light blue backing fabric. Two quilts for the price of a buck/ ticket.....



And to top off yesterday's good day.... a purchase arrived. These hand dyes were purchased from Vicki's Etsy shop. They are gorgeous. The photo does not show the true color, but they are vibrant and wonderful and came packaged so professionally.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

SewCalGal said...

This quilt is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see a photo of the completed quilt.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

McIrish Annie said...

I've finally made it to you and now I'm caught up.

I love the idea of using the dryer sheets for the flowers on your blue project and mixing aloe gel with the paint is genius!!

Also thanks for the heads up on the Fons and Porter marking pencil. I've bought so many to try and often they are terrible but with your recommendation, I will give this one a try!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a beatiful quilt. And the Quilting is beautiful too!

Beena said...

This is gorgeous! E-mail me when you get the info on how I can buy a "chance" raffle ticket for it! Count me in. The quilting you've done is exquisite on it.

and I'm salivating over your purchase...must leave to go wipe my mouth! LOL

Terri Stegmiller said...

That looks like a very lovely quilt and of course I love the back view of all that luscious quilting.

Pattyr said...

The quiilt is absolutely beautiful.Gorgeous quilting on the back. Great idea about using dryer sheets for the petals too.

Anonymous said...

Kath that quilt is filthy:) (your word for awesome) The quilting is spectacular! I have to get some of Vicki's fabrics, the colors are so pure.

see you soon....