Gallery

November 6, 2009

Vintage button pin..


Using beading thread, vintage buttons were stitched to a scrap of pleather.
(I can't get the top photo to load vertically....)



I knotted the threads to the back and left the tails attached.

Taking some of the smaller buttons, a silver heart and using beading wire, I made a charm.


For stability I used a piece of cardboard on the back. The charm was looped through beading wire and glued between the cardboard and the front piece.

Over the cardboard I glued a piece of red, fake suede. The pin is a little heavy for the pin closures I have, so I will get a larger pin closure to glue to the back.



Once the pin closure is glued in place, the pin will be ready for gifting. I loved making this simple pin.







4 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

How cool is that?!!! Love it

Beena said...

I love it! Are you sure you want to give it away? I can picture it on a quiltlet! You'll have to make some more!

Anonymous said...

I love this! What a great way to use up some of the button stash. I'm going to have to give this a try.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

very very cool