Gallery

March 9, 2010

painted jacobean...

I used the Stewart Gill paints to paint another Jacobean flower quilt. I've made a few of these small Jacobean quilts, now. I like to design the flowers on paper and then paint them out on black cloth.  In the past I've used a Kona black cotton, cotton Fairy Frost and this is a cotton sateen. 



The cotton has a shine to it. You can see it below.
I outlined the flowers with a 50 wt thread and then quilted it with a 100wt.





I'm going to face it instead of use a traditional binding. I'm blocking it now, it shrunk almost and inch on all sides... so much for such a small piece. 
When it's finished I'm going to put in our Guild's silent auction.

11 comments:

Deb Levy said...

It's beautiful Kathy! The quilting really brings it to life.

Connie Rose said...

WOW, as always, Kathy! Just awesome!

SandyQuilts said...

WOW WOW thanks for sharing.

Vicki W said...

It's a beauty! I thought it might be entered into MQX.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you painted it.

Angelcat said...

What a stunning piece. the colours look really lovely against the black background

Sherri said...

From the awesome photographs you put up to the color and inspiration, your blog is such a rich treat, almost as good as chocolate caramel candy chews!

paddysdaughter said...

This looks like a piece of crewel work - quite lovely - design, quilting, colours - all of it. Hope it does well at the silent auction.

Emma said...

Beautiful and inspirational!

Quilt Rat said...

OMG! This is absolutely stunning! Someone is going to be very fortunate to have the opportunity to bid on this piece WOW!!!

Esther said...

I just found your blog and your creativity is wonderful,