Gallery

March 2, 2010

spring fever

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.  ~CharlesDickens

so at lunchtime I sloshed around in the yard, feeding the birds,  investigating and looking for spring.






i love to save thread and fabric scraps  for the birds. 
today i bundled them into the green, net bag the avocados come in.


it's been a long, busy winter and i'm thankful.
but i'm ready for some green.


and speaking of green...
i finished the last quilt for the quilt show on the 13/14 of this month.

it's Michelle's quilt.   
it's a huge green and cream Irish chain.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a terrible case of spring fever and can't wait for it to just get here already.

You must be feeling great to have the last quilt done!

Debra Dixon said...

That's what I need to do with my tiny little scraps (I usually stuff dog beds) for the birds right now.