Gallery

February 27, 2011

function meets fun


 I'm constantly fighting the pin box while working on the design wall.  I keep the pins behind me on the table...  And while I keep a stash stuck right into the wall, they never seem to be where my fingers can grab them easily.

I like to use the tiny applique pins because they won't bend when I stick them into the wall.  They are nice and small when I'm ready to go the machine with the piece.



A pincushion ring is the perfect solution!

Made with a silk cocoon, wool batt, velvet, a costume jewelery ring base, beads and jewels.



3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the colors and the idea. I'll have to try it.

Quilt Rat said...

What a great little ring! :-)
Quilting jewelry.... pretty and functional..LOVE it!!!!

Joan said...

Wonderful pin cushion ring, very decorative .