Gallery

April 19, 2009

Tsukineko Inks

Finally, I broke down and bought a set of Tsukineko Inks. (The Romantic Color set). Not wanting to be left wondering.... 'why did I buy these?' I had to try them out. I doubt I will use them in this way (from start to finish), but I think they will be perfect for adding shadows and blending colors for art quilts. They were more translucent than I expected. They felt much like markers.

I put a blue wash to the back ground because the white was too distracting. I like this better. There was some running of the colors, though, it didn't bother me. I don't know what I'll do with this, but I had fun messing with my new inks. ...... (and then the sideways image, not sure why this doesn't post straight) .....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

free indeed said...

Well that's pretty cool. I have never heard of these inks before..are they available at Joanne's type places? Looks like a lovely way to do a watercolor on fabric. I wonder how color fast it is? I love the net for learning new things like this.