Gallery

April 6, 2009

Using the Scraps

There's a new driver in the house and it's important (so I hear) to have a stylish key chain. The peanut gallery wondered, "Is it a good idea to have a homemade key chain?"... Had he forgotten it was this mother who had made this child a Christening suit out of my Grandmother's antique table linen? And I wasn't going to make his first key lanyard? The result: "Hey, this is really cool, because you made it for me - but the colors are wrong." So we chose a black and red from my fabric pile, I agreed, that will work better. Finished photo to follow.




While the scraps were out, some postcards were made up.





And an eyeglass case from the pattern shown here.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

I like the lanyards and keychains. I'm thinking of making some too.

Dionne said...

Cool keychains! I love the idea, and they all came out so nice!
Cheers,
Dionne

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wooo hoooo! Love that eyeglass case! Everything is wonderful and you used scraps!!!

Debra Dixon said...

My son and I work together on aprons and chef hats. A month or so ago he called and asked for a new apron. So, I quickly made him one with a border print that had veggies and some other bright colors. Welllll, apparently it had too much purple and he didn't like the squiggly lines in the background. . . . .hmmph, so I haven't been as quick to make any more aprons unless he chooses the fabric!

Vicki W said...

These are all really cool!

Deborah M. said...

Oh, cool! I have two young drivers also but what's wrong with making one for moi!

McIrish Annie said...

I remember those days with youthful drivers! the sleepless hours waiting on their return. LOL Nice keychains, you're a good mom!!