Gallery

October 12, 2009

A finish

The background of this piece started as a dorky looking bag, you can see it's before pix here. Using snips of fabrics, threads and tulle I modified the background. Some of the tulle was melted away with a heat gun and I used paint sticks, gold leaf and glitter to fill in the spaces. Because I quilted this with just batting and no back, I took a piece of back fabric the size of the front and attached fusible to it. Then I stitched the front and back together pillow case style. Once I flipped the right sides out, I edge stitched at 1/4" from the edge and ironed. Using clear thread, the flowers were attached. There are several crystals, but they don't show up in the picture.


5 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

The background turned out great. Wonderful 3D effect. Don't you just love a good "save"

SewCalGal said...

very lovely. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Stitch-n-quilt said...

I love it. The bright colors and the 3D. It looks like a lovely autum piece.

Vicki W said...

This is wonderful!

Debra said...

Bright & Cheerful and much better now than as a dorky bag!