Gallery

November 25, 2008

Somewhat Vintage

I have a customer who has purchased several vintage quilt tops. The tops are old, but not really old. She is not a quilter herself, so she has asked me to make them larger, quilt and finish them. This Irish Chain is made completely of 2" squares, including the center of the chain and the green border. The fabrics are some type of poly or poly blend so the seams do not press completely flat. This causes an unusual gray/beige shadowing across the quilt top. To combat that look which made the top look dirty, I used a taupe colored thread and quilted a feather fill across the entire quilt.
She wanted the top made slightly larger, I added a pink, paisley, mini border and a creamy, floral, print outer border.
I'm still unsure on which fabric to use for the binding. Either the floral border fabric, or a green tone on tone that coordinates with the chain and is used in the corners of the border.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: