Gallery

September 5, 2009

more painting and practice...


Friends Fabric Art carries the Stewart Gill paints used to paint this flower and the other painted piece, posted previously. I added a few extra colors to my paint stash in order to finish the flower design. You can order online or by phone, they are great - (the paints and the ladies at Friends Fabric Art).

I like working with these painted designs.

:----------------------------:
This practice piece was going to go with the above and be the backside of a bag. After quilting it, I realized I had used two different black fabrics and the side panels were yet another... fabric can be funny like that, I've done that before. The threads were a variety of silks and Invisafil, all 100wt. :---------------------------:


I added another vintage safety pin to the quiltlet. I like it with two.

5 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. You are so very talented. Inspirational.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Beena said...

Thanks for the great link! I love some of their fibers, too. Some very unusual ones.
The flower looks great. Love your quilting, as always.

Isn't it funny how sometimes a small thing like adding a safety pin can make a piece feel more balanced to us? Looks beautiful!

Quilt Rat said...

I love the look of paint combined with the quilting....great mix of traditional and contemporary. Those feathers are absolutely fabulous!

Vicki W said...

I love your painted quilts!

Renee said...

Hi, I happened upon your blog by jumping around some sites and I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely LOVE your work. I also find quilting the best part of being a 'quilter'. I will be coming back often :-).

Renee