Gallery

September 23, 2009

There are always two sides.....

I cut the pieces for this book/journal awhile ago and am just getting back to it. After the embellishment is stitched down, I'll load the journal with parchment pages and try my hand at binding it. The directions I'll use are from Creative Ways with Fibre and Stitch.



~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-


This yellow, spent Lilly pad was pulled from the pond......


...when I flipped it, look what the other side had to offer!


~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
And I liked how this weed looked, so I took it's picture. To my surprise - the reflection of sun on the lens created the double circle image behind.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

The backside of the lily pad looks like it would make a wonderful fabric. I like the quilt you're working on also.

Terri Stegmiller said...

The book/journal looks lovely so far. I hope you show more as you go. I totally love that last photo with the double circle image and the furry weed.

Beena said...

Love, love, love the journal cover so far! can't wait to see it finished!

Vicki W said...

That last photo needs to become an art quilt!

Debra Dixon said...

Inspiration is everywhere, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see that book when it's finished. That last photo is very cool!