Gallery

September 2, 2009

Random thoughts and a finished quiltlet...

Today is the kid's first day of the 2009/10 school year. It's always bittersweet on the last day of summer. Yesterday, was no different. And even more so- today is the first day of the last year of high school for the oldest.


I've finished my first year of blogging. A self challenge I wasn't sure I would complete. I did. People ask - why do you blog? Blogging is like a big, fat show and tell. Who didn't love show and tell in Kindergarten? I loved it, I loved all of Kindergarten for that matter (what I remember of it anyway).


Why do you blog?


I'm going to do an ATC swap. Email me if you would like swap.


The first quiltlet is finished. Simple, quick and fun. I liked making it.



~~~~~~~~

The next doodle was copied off using the same label, stabilizer technique. I darkened the copy to get a darker look. The white fabric grayed over a little, that was okay as I had plans to tea stain it, anyway. I pulled out some scraps of fancy fabrics and ribbons.

~~~~~~


Pecking through the buttons I came across this beautiful button shown below. I pulled it out to use it on the quiltlet, but then decided- I'm going to save it and use it with the silver metal clay. I love the design of it, looks like tiny feathers. My favorite.



~~~~~~

I am going to, somehow, use these antique safety pins, below. I've been saving them for the right project. I think this is it.



~~~~~~


I picked teas that I hoped would steep into a pinkish color. One of the bags broke when I was swishing it around. To add to the spotted look, I put some coffee grounds on top to see what would happen.



It's drying in the sun, on the back step.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Your little quiltlet is so cute. Very nice. I blog for the same reason you do - show and tell. I also do it for a pictorial record of everything I make. I then can see it all,how long it took, etc. It's very enjoyable.

Debra Dixon said...

Blogging keeps me motivated to finish projects. I know someone out there is waiting to see my project done--that's the mental fantasy anyway!

Vicki W said...

Oh, I am going to enjoy your quiltlet series for sure!

Beena said...

Love, love,love that tea dyed hand doodle hanging out to dry! Your quiltlets are fantastic and inspiring!

Congrats on your year of blogging!

My son started his junior year of high school last Monday. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what happened to my sweet young kid who was in grade school. You blink, and all kinds of time has passed.

Teena in Toronto said...

The quilt is gorgeous!

Happy blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

The quiltlet came out beautifully, you know I love the background.
I blog to keep a record of my life first and foremost but I like the show and tell part of it too(the showing and the seeing what others have made). It's my favorite part of our guild meetings.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Your quiltlet is amazing! I am so glad you do blog. You are always so inspirational!