Gallery

August 20, 2009

for the moment...

... the current obsession is stitched and painted Jacobean flowers...

This is small and will eventually be a cell phone bag. JZ has a direction page posted on her blog, here.

I added color with the Stewart Giles paints. I wanted to see how they showed on a different colored fabric.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This block will eventually become a larger bag. The background is a moda, and the other fabrics are Vicki's hand dyes. This experiment was to see how the colors showed on moda compared to the original Fairy Frost. I imagine the results of the black moda would be similar to a black hand dye, which I had in mind.




The pink piece and this, were quilted first- then painted. There is more paint that needs to be added to the black flower, but you get the general idea of the look. I learned that I like to paint first, then quilt.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is how the colors look on black Kona cotton. They paint up differently than they look in the jar, this will be a good key if I really start to get picky on color selection. I plan on getting more of these paints, I love them.






5 comments:

Vicki W said...

BeeeeeUtiful!

Barbara said...

These are gorgeous. Are you creating your own quilting designs as well or are they from a pattern.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. Great insights. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Beena said...

I'm liking your current obsession! Stay with it... you are getting great results and making all kinds of yummy goodies!

Fiesta said...

If you are using this fabric to make a cell phone, it will be the most beautiful one in the world!